SHREVEPORT, Louisiana (KETK) – SWEPCO estimates it will have power restored to thousands of residents in Center by 10 p.m. Friday.
“As we saw the forecast for ice move south, we positioned workers in Shreveport, Natchitoches and Center,” said Drew Seidel, SWEPCO vice president of Region Distribution Operations. “These line, tree and support workers are out assessing damaging and restoring power,”
The areas most affected by the winter storm include and Shelby county.
Restoration in heavily-damaged areas will continue into next week, the company said.
SWEPCO has customers throughout northern Louisiana and Texas counties on and near the Louisiana state line.
- 2 East Texas teens honored by Red Cross for saving man from drowning
- Carter BloodCare to host blood drive at Classic Toyota-Mercedez Benz in Tyler
- Texas faith leaders respond to governor rescinding mask mandate
- Twitter sues Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton, asks court to halt his investigation of the social media company
- Waskom clinic has 400 Johnson & Johnson vaccines left, encourages eligible people to register