HAWKINS, Texas (KETK) – Venice Pizza House was deemed “a total loss” by officials after an early morning fire at the Hawkins location.

“I’m still in shock,” said employee Heather Mcrae. 

According to Wood County Fire Marshal Tully Davidson, the fire started around 5:10 a.m. on Monday.

Samantha Shackelford, who owns a business right across from the shop and goes there every Friday, said this is a huge loss for the town.  

“There’s a lot of people that eat there for lunch,” said Shackelford. “I know coming through here through nighttime, people were there for dinner. It’s definitely one of the very few places we have here.” 

While looking at what’s left, Mcrae said the shop and its food brought people together.

“It’s more like, you know the customers. You know the people you work with, it’s more like family,” Mcrae aid.

Davidson said that it’s still very early in the investigation and there’s currently no indication of what might have been the cause for the fire. No injuries were reported from the fire.