LUFKIN, Texas (KETK)- A fire at Lulu’s Resale on Monday left the structure in a state of total loss.
Firefighters were called to a fire at 1014 North Raguet Street around 1:58 p.m. The building was engulfed in flames.
Officials still have not determined the cause of the blaze. They say no one was inside the building at the time of the fire and no injuries were reported.
As firefighters worked to contain the blaze, the building’s large metal awning came down. Thankfully, firefighters noticed that the structure was not sound and moved away before it collapsed.
Police were also at the scene assisting with the traffic, wrote Lufkin police. North Raguet Street was closed for several hours.
In addition to Lufkin first responders, Hudson Volunteer, Groveton Volunteer and Nacogdoches Fire Departments responded to a request for mutual aid.
While the building itself is considered a total loss, the mechanic shop at the end of the building was saved.
North Raguet Street is expected to be open by 7:30 p.m.
- TJC’s season comes to an end in Lubbock, Apaches fall 55-49 to Chipola in NJCAA women’s tournament quarterfinal
- Whitehouse roper Hayden Ford signs with Texas Tech’s rodeo team
- State of the Air Report: Tyler and the Dallas-Fort Worth area have high levels of ozone
- VIDEO: Earth Day celebration features rescued goats at East Texas animal sanctuary
- Use your East Texas Giving Day donations to enrich arts education through Young Audiences