(KETK)- The Wood County Judge Lucy Hebron signed a disaster declaration effective immediately for the area on Monday.
According to the declaration, starting on Feb. 14 the county suffered severe damage and loss of life or property, due to the severe weather.
This state of disaster will only continue for seven days after this declaration, unless it is renewed by the Wood County Commissioners Court.
This announcement activates the Wood County Emergency Plan.
Additionally, on Feb. 12 Gov. Abbott declared a state of disaster in all 254 counties in Texas.
- Texas jail inmates hungry, shivering during unusual freeze
- U.S. House passes $1.9 trillion coronavirus aid package, but minimum wage hike isn’t likely to survive
- Texas workers struggle to pay for groceries and rent after losing wages during winter storm
- Lawsuit against Longview doctor accused of molesting children expanded to 6 victims
- Oil company mistakenly delivers 100+ gallons to wrong address, flooding the basement