PITTSBURGH (KETK) – A 94-year-old Pennsylvania woman who went viral during the early weeks of the coronavirus pandemic when she made a sign saying she needed more beer has died.
Olive Veronesi made national headlines last year with her dry-erase board up to a window, saying “I need more beer!!”
Veronesi’s viral plea ended up with Coors Light delivering beer to her.
“My associate and I put in 10 cases of beer, and drove up, and made sure Olive got her beer so she can continue her healthy regimen of a Coors light a day,” Mark Linder, with Molson Coors.
“I have a beer every night,” she told KDKA last year. “You know what, beer has vitamins in it, it’s good for you, as long as you don’t overdo it.”
She says that she was down to her last 12-pack when a relative snapped the viral photo.
- East Texas man charged in Capitol riot files motion to remove GPS monitoring while he’s on bond
- Broughton Rec Center in Longview closed for renovations
- Biden to announce efforts to combat violent crime, gun violence
- Tyler residents urge city council to approve independent commission for redistricting
- Portion of Marshall under boil water notice Wednesday