Video courtesy of Ricardo Montalvan
One other person was seriously injured when the Beechcraft Bonanza plane crashed into a car.
Both people on the plane were killed as was a young boy who was in the vehicle.
The Federal Aviation Administration says the plane crashed shortly after takeoff.
“I’ve never seen anything like this in my life,” Salah Elshaer, who called 911, told WSVN. “The car literally looks like it’s just in half. I was thinking about the pilot’s family. It’s so sad, and I saw the people over there. They were hurt, and it’s shocking.”
The FAA and NTSB are investigating the crash.
In the past 10 months, there have been five crashes around the North Perry Airport, according to WSVN.
Four of those crashes were fatal, with a total of five deaths.
- TJC’s season comes to an end in Lubbock, Apaches fall 55-49 to Chipola in NJCAA women’s tournament quarterfinal
- Whitehouse roper Hayden Ford signs with Texas Tech’s rodeo team
- State of the Air Report: Tyler and the Dallas-Fort Worth area have high levels of ozone
- VIDEO: Earth Day celebration features rescued goats at East Texas animal sanctuary
- Use your East Texas Giving Day donations to enrich arts education through Young Audiences