BARTLESVILLE, Okla. (CNN) — An Oklahoma officer was captured on camera collapsing after a scary exposure to fentanyl while packing up drug evidence.
Coming into contact with dangerous drugs is just part of the job for police officers. Unfortunately, the power of even the smallest touch of fentanyl can have scary consequences.
A Bartlesville Police officer is the latest example of that as video captured him collapsing while packing up drug evidence believed to be laced with fentanyl.
A rush of officers came to the rescue seconds later.
“I don’t know what would have happened had they not acted so quickly,” Bartlesville Police Sergeant Jim Warring said.
Warring said officers quickly gave him Narcan, which is believed to have saved his life.
- Ozarka donates money, bottled water to East Texas Food Bank as part of Giving Tuesday
- Smith County using service that alerts property owners to potential fraud
- El Paso mother asks for Christmas cards to help bring holiday cheer to son
- First responders reunite 12-year-old dog with family after pooch goes missing overnight
- US panel votes in favor to provide healthcare personnel and long-term care residents first COVID-19 vaccine shots