BARTLESVILLE, Okla. (CNN) — An Oklahoma officer was captured on camera collapsing after a scary exposure to fentanyl while packing up drug evidence.
Coming into contact with dangerous drugs is just part of the job for police officers. Unfortunately, the power of even the smallest touch of fentanyl can have scary consequences.
A Bartlesville Police officer is the latest example of that as video captured him collapsing while packing up drug evidence believed to be laced with fentanyl.
A rush of officers came to the rescue seconds later.
“I don’t know what would have happened had they not acted so quickly,” Bartlesville Police Sergeant Jim Warring said.
Warring said officers quickly gave him Narcan, which is believed to have saved his life.
- UT Health Tyler completes 250th heart valve replacement procedure
- Arkansas woman arrested after mother found mummified, wrapped in newspaper
- Tuesday Evening Forecast: Low humidity continues through end of week
- Mineola offense headlined by junior leadership in the backfield
- Federal judge in El Paso grants pause to Texas order restricting migrant transportation