BARTLESVILLE, Okla. (CNN) — An Oklahoma officer was captured on camera collapsing after a scary exposure to fentanyl while packing up drug evidence.
Coming into contact with dangerous drugs is just part of the job for police officers. Unfortunately, the power of even the smallest touch of fentanyl can have scary consequences.
A Bartlesville Police officer is the latest example of that as video captured him collapsing while packing up drug evidence believed to be laced with fentanyl.
A rush of officers came to the rescue seconds later.
“I don’t know what would have happened had they not acted so quickly,” Bartlesville Police Sergeant Jim Warring said.
Warring said officers quickly gave him Narcan, which is believed to have saved his life.
- Gilmer holds off Lindale, Winnsboro ladies march on to region semis
- Gov. Abbott says ERCOT needs to be ‘overhauled’ after sky-high electric bills
- KETK INVESTIGATES: 30 minutes after Teddy Parker was brought to Smith County Jail, he was carried out on a stretcher and died. What happened?
- Congress mulls ways to save USPS from financial ruin
- Wild East Texas temperature swing