LAKE LIVINGSTON, Texas (KETK) — A Texas game warden seized more than 500 fish after investigating a report of illegal fishing near the spillway on Lake Livingston last week.
On Friday, a game warden responding to a tip on the department’s Operation Game Thief line ended up writing a citation to an angler and seizing 537 white bass that were caught by use of a net, said the Texas Parks & Wildlife Department.
The department encourages people to report illegal hunting or fishing by calling 1-800-792-4263.
- What you need to know about the four new Olympic sports
- Longview Mall holds first free Backyard Bash
- Former Cowboy Quincy Carter’s past mistakes didn’t crush his love for teaching the game of football
- Surfing for gold: Dependent on weather, defined by the ocean
- Six people injured in early morning shooting at after-hours club in Amarillo