TYLER, Texas (KETK) — Keep Tyler Beautiful is looking for volunteers to help beautify community parks through restoration projects during Park Service Day Sept. 18.
Participants will arrive between 8:30 a.m. and 9 a.m. at Woldert Park and select which park and project they want to work on, organizers said.
The projects will include litter cleanups, painting park restrooms, replacing mulch at playgrounds, installing picnic tables and restoring flowerbeds.
Once the work is completed, volunteers return to Woldert Park for a free lunch.
For more information or register, visit KeepTylerBeautiful.com or contact Keep Tyler Beautiful Community Coordinator Belen Casillas at 903-531-1335.
- JOB ALERT: Sprouts Farmers Market in Tyler needs a senior deli clerk
- Texas doctor says he performed abortion after 6 weeks to challenge state’s restrictive law
- Monday Morning Forecast: Cold front on the way
- Pfizer says its COVID-19 vaccine works in children ages 5 to 11
- Jalen Hale: CHRISTUS Orthopedics and Sports Medicine Institute Athlete of the Week