The study evaluated 33 factors in three categories including cost, safety and the number of attractions or activities such as national parks, amusement parks, beaches, lakes and scenic drives.
New York topped the list as best state for a summer road trip this year, followed by Texas and Louisiana.
The worst state to take a summer road trip was Rhode Island. As America’s smallest state, you can drive across the whole thing and be home in time for lunch. It was followed by Delaware and Connecticut.
10 best summer road trip states in 2021:
- New York
- North Carolina
Top 10 worst states for summer 2021 road trips:
- Rhode Island
- New Mexico
- New Jersey
Louisiana was the cheapest road trip state, with the lowest average gas prices. Maine was the safest, although it didn’t make the top 10. California has the most stuff to do. Oregon had the most scenic byways.
- Father and daughter both die after girl’s raft flips on Oregon river, he rushes in to save her
- Police detective saves choking girl at restaurant while eating lunch at next table, video shows
- 8 pythons captured and removed from Oregon park
- Watch Live: Scenes from Japan during the Olympics
- Texas mom delivers baby after losing husband to COVID-19: ‘It was so bittersweet’