LA PORTE, Texas (KETK/ KPRC)- Two people have died after a chemical release in La Porte, near Houston.
According to La Porte’s Office Emergency Management, the incident happened on Tuesday at LyondellBasell Industries.
First responders were called to the location at 1515 Miller Cut-Off Road around 7:35 p.m.
Officials said a process upset incident occurred at the facility, wrote KPRC.
Authorities are trying to resolve the problem.
The local community should not be affected by the chemical release.
No shelter in place will be ordered because officials said the leak has been isolated.
- Dave Bautista adopts abused puppy ‘Penny’ after offering $5K reward for information
- Whataburger ‘brings the chill’ with new Playmate Elite Cooler, fanny pack in collaboration with Igloo
- Sunday Evening Forecast: Rain chances return this work week
- Mickey’s keys to beating Philadelphia
- Texas emergency officials see increase in wildfires due to cold weather, give preparedness, prevention tips