EL PASO, Texas (KTSM) – An out-of-state billionaire has donated almost 98% of the money collected for Governor Greg Abbott’s U.S. – Mexico border wall being built in Texas.
$54 million dollars has been raised so far and according to public records, billionaire Timothy Mellon has donated $53.1 million of those dollars in stock. Mellon is the grandson of a banking tycoon. The 79-year-old lives in Wyoming his grandfather is the former U.S. Treasury Secretary Andrew Mellon.
In addition to the border wall fund, Governor Abbott has allocated nearly $3 billion dollars for border security and has deployed 10,000 Texas National Guard and DPS troopers. They have stationed the southern border as part of operation Lonestar.
- SFA makes a monster statement at home beating Grand Canyon 71-46 Thursday night
- 2022 FCA Heart of a Champion coaches prepare for another All-Star event in East Texas
- Smith County homeowner allegedly lit cigarette while using oxygen tank, leading to house fire, 2 injuries
- Palestine High School goes virtual after many teachers are absent due to COVID cases
- Warming centers opened at Tyler Salvation Army for those in need