EL PASO, Texas (KTSM) – An out-of-state billionaire has donated almost 98% of the money collected for Governor Greg Abbott’s U.S. – Mexico border wall being built in Texas.
$54 million dollars has been raised so far and according to public records, billionaire Timothy Mellon has donated $53.1 million of those dollars in stock. Mellon is the grandson of a banking tycoon. The 79-year-old lives in Wyoming his grandfather is the former U.S. Treasury Secretary Andrew Mellon.
In addition to the border wall fund, Governor Abbott has allocated nearly $3 billion dollars for border security and has deployed 10,000 Texas National Guard and DPS troopers. They have stationed the southern border as part of operation Lonestar.
- World Trade Organization slashes forecast for global imports, exports
- Cremains of 13 people found in auctioned Alabama storage unit
- Tyler man arrested for intoxicated manslaughter, assault in fatal wreck
- Upshur County DA recuses himself from prosecuting district judge, tags Putman
- Voting for ‘Fat Bear Week’ is officially open