DALLAS, Texas – Police say a 9-year-old boy fatally shot an 11-year-old boy Sunday afternoon in the parking lot of a Dallas Walmart.
According to NBC DFW, the shooting happened shortly after noon Sunday in the parking lot of the Walmart on S. Buckner Boulevard. Police say they believe the boy got a handgun in a vehicle parked outside the grocery store.
Police said that a 32-year-old woman left the two boys in the parked vehicle while she went shopping. Reports indicate that the 9-year-old found the gun and shot the older child.
The 11-year-old was taken to a hospital where he was pronounced dead.
This is a developing story. KETK will update you as more information becomes available.
- Big plays highlight Longview spring game as Lobos look for pieces for 2021
- Lawsuit seeks to block Lubbock’s ordinance aimed at outlawing abortions
- Neches ISD accepts resignation of superintendent Randy Snider, appoints interim
- SCOTUS to take up Mississippi abortion case
- Dickey Foundation gives 32 new bulletproof vests to Rusk County Sheriff’s Office