LUBBOCK, Texas (AP) — A 4-year-old boy was shot and killed during an apparent drive-by shooting in an east Lubbock neighborhood, police said Saturday.
Police said in a statement officers responded to a report of shots fired Friday night and learned 4-year-old Cornelius Carrington had been shot. The boy had already been taken by a private vehicle to a hospital, where he was pronounced dead, police said.
Police said Saturday no arrests have been made, and the investigation is ongoing.
- Robert Earl Keen to headline 2022 Red Dirt BBQ & Music Festival in Tyler
- Woman, 19, sets world record for solo global flight
- Juarez shelter stops taking in migrants due to overcrowding, COVID-19 concerns
- Friday Morning Forecast: Colder temperature trend continues
- Preteens could be vaccinated without parents’ consent under California bill