LUBBOCK, Texas (AP) — A 4-year-old boy was shot and killed during an apparent drive-by shooting in an east Lubbock neighborhood, police said Saturday.
Police said in a statement officers responded to a report of shots fired Friday night and learned 4-year-old Cornelius Carrington had been shot. The boy had already been taken by a private vehicle to a hospital, where he was pronounced dead, police said.
Police said Saturday no arrests have been made, and the investigation is ongoing.
- Tyler leads the state in job creation, experts say
- Border authorities refute GOP allegations of ‘rape trees’ rampant in South Texas
- Human smuggling by plane, second attempt this week
- Homicide suspect, daughter killed in shootout with California law enforcement
- Edinburg police standoff ends in fatal shooting