UPDATE (11:16 PM)- An 18-wheeler was turned upright by crews after the vehicle fell on its side on Wednesday.
The semi affected a major Tyler intersection.
TYLER, Texas (KETK) — An 18-wheeler flipped on its side Wednesday afternoon at the intersection of Troup Highway and Loop 323.
The truck was blocking an eastbound lane turning south onto Troup Highway, show photos from the scene.
The accident occurred about 6:30 p.m. Several first responders were at the scene.
Police are asking motorists to avoid the area.
- Vista College Longview permanently closes mid-semester, students search for answers, look for new opportunities
- Chapel Hill ISD to lift mask mandate
- New dog shelter opens in Hawkins to combat stray animal problem
- East Texas police searching for suspect after series of armed robberies
- UT Tyler proposes new cyber security degree program after FBI notices increase in ransomware attacks