NACOGDOCHES, Texas (KETK) – An 18-wheeler accident has closed northbound traffic on U.S. HWY 59 in Nacogdoches, according to the Texas Department of Transportation.
The accident occurred near Spradley Street and HazMat crews are on the scene to help clear the area. Although the reason for HazMat was not listed, it is likely due to a fuel spill.
Drivers should prepare for delays. The release said that it would take about three hours to clean up.
This only affects the northbound lanes. Southbound lanes on the highway are open to traffic.
This is a developing story. Please check back for updates.
- Federal judge dismisses lawsuit brought by Houston nurses over COVID-19 vaccine requirement
- How a quick thumb-palm test can determine patient’s risk of having aneurysm
- 25 best used cars under $15,000
- Do plexiglass COVID barriers really work, and what will become of them?
- Nacogdoches Blueberry Festival offers sweet surprises for everyone