(UPDATE) — A Henderson man was killed after being hit by a pickup truck on Highway 259 on the evening of Christmas Day.
According to the preliminary investigation, the wreck happened just five miles south of Henderson at approximately 6:35 p.m. when Edmon Lynard Howard, 43, of Henderson, was standing on or near the fog line next to a broken down pickup truck. That’s when Alex Clayton Coursey, 21, of New Caney, was travelling northbound on US 259 in his 2017 Ford F-150 and struck Howard.
Howard was pronounced dead at the scene. Police have not yet given any more information at this time.
RUSK COUNTY, Texas (KETK) — Highway 259, north of County Road 376, has been temporarily closed due to a fatal crash investigation.
First responders are currently redirecting traffic to adjacent roads and move traffic from Mount Enterprise to Henderson. Officials say to expect delays and to use extreme caution.
This is a developing story. Check back for more updates.
- Letourneau’s 2nd half comeback leads to 81-75 win over rival ETBU
- ETBU women take care of rival Letourneau 72-59 in Marshall
- UT Tyler women earn dominant 81-43 win over Texas A&M International
- UT Tyler falls 70-66 to Texas A&M International in overtime battle
- Nacogdoches voters getting mail-in ballot applications rejected due to new law