MARSHALL, Texas (KETK) – The Marshall Police Department announced Saturday that they are keeping certain bridges in the city closed.
The bridges at the 800 block of North Bolivar and the 100 block of Virginia Street are closed. They say this is a precautionary measure because of the extreme cold.
Chief of Police Cliff Carruth said that it is a Class C Misdemeanor for drivers to disregard a barricade on streets and highways.
“The Marshall Police Officers will be enforcing this law to ensure the safety of everyone,” Carruth said. “Continue to drive with extra precautions as we still have hazardous road conditions.”
The Public Works Director will oversee safety checks of the bridges next week.
- Tyler crash causes many southbound lanes on Troup Highway near Thistle Dr. to be closed
- Tyler, Longview ISD among schools to continue mask mandate through end of school year
- Whitehouse hires Kyle Westerberg as new head football coach
- Can I finally see my grandchildren? Vaccinated Americans wait for advice
- Abbott denounces Biden’s comments, promises no more power outages, defends ending COVID restrictions