NACOGDOCHES, Texas (KETK) East Texas drivers will need to be a little slower starting next week on U.S. 59 in Nacogdoches.
According to TxDOT, starting Tuesday, April 13, the work zone speed limit on that road will be lowered, in addition to some lanes being closed.
Construction crews will be setting a concrete barrier wall for this project near Spradley Street.
The new temporary speed limit will be 45mph from County Road 524 to Spradley Street.
“The concrete barrier will protect motorists from the edge drop-off as well as workers in the area. The lane closures will only be necessary as the concrete barrier is placed. Once it is set, traffic on US 59 will function as normal,” said Rhonda Oaks, public information officer for the Lufkin District.
This $86.1 million dollar construction project includes:
- new lanes on U.S. 59 that will directly connect to SL 224 just south of State Highway 7
- overpasses at Spradley street
- frontage roads for SL 224 between State Highway 7 and BU 59
Longview Bridge and Road is serving as contractor for the project that is on schedule to be completed in spring 2023.
- USDA extends free school meals through June 2022
- East Texas man sentenced to life in prison for strangling woman, jury deliberated 20 minutes
- Thursday Midday Forecast: Cloudy with a few peeks of sun
- Mineola woman indicted for car crash that killed grandma and infant
- Man arrested for abuse after daughter with mental disabilities had feet amputated because of frostbite