LONGVIEW, Texas – Motorists are being asked to avoid Interstate 20 in Gregg County if possible.
The interstate remains hazardous and traffic is moving at crawl, said information from the Gregg County Sheriff’s Office.
“I-20 East bound at the 582 mile marker is at a stand still due to multiple vehicles stuck in roadway because of road conditions,” the statement said.
Officials throughout the region say roads are covered with ice and snow and people should stay home if possible.
- Henderson Co. authorities search for shooter who wounded a deputy
- UT Tyler holds off Western New Mexico for its 8th win in last 9 games
- Police storm house near downtown Tyler; homeowner upset from damage
- SPECIAL REPORT: Texas-based security firm teaches churchgoers life-saving tactics
- 2 Tyler men arrested for selling drugs on social media, after year-long investigation of criminal street gang, DPS says