PALESTINE, Texas (KETK) – Dana Goolsby won the mayoral runoff race in the city of Palestine.
On Saturday the city posted unofficial results of the runoff election between Goolsby and Mitchell Jordan.
The unofficial election results show that Goolsby has 78 more votes than Jordan.
So far Goolsby has come out with the majority with 54.5% and a total of 476 votes. Jordan had 398 votes total at 45.5%
The runoff was held after none of the candidates received more than 50% of the votes in the May 1 election.
On May 1, Goolsby also had received the majority with 41% of the votes compared to Jordan who received 31% of the votes. Because neither made it over the 50% threshold, it resulted in a runoff election.
Voting was held at the Palestine Independent School District Administration Building from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Abbott issues order that targets migrants entering Texas who might have COVID-19
- Some Texas hospitals adjust visitor policies as COVID-19 variants continue spreading
- Simone Biles withdraws from all-around gymnastics competition, won’t defend title
- ‘Just proud’: Katie Ledecky finally wins gold at Tokyo Olympics
- Tokyo sets another virus record days after Olympics begin