TYLER, Texas (KETK) – With fewer than 50 days remaining until the November 3 general election, the League of Women Voters of Tyler/Smith County will be out registering new voters next week.
National Voter Registration Day is a nonpartisan civic holiday celebrating the civic act of voting. First observed in 2012, it is celebrated the fourth Tuesday of September, which this year is September 22 – or next Tuesday.
The League will have volunteers at various locations in Tyler and Smith County to register new voters for the upcoming election:
- Tyler Public Library, 201 South College, Tyler, 2-4 p.m.
- Lindale Public Library 200 East Hubbard, Lindale 2:30-4:30 p.m.
- Glass Recreation Center 501 West 32nd, Tyler 10 a.m.-12 p.m.
- UT Tyler Muntz Library/ Harvey Deck 3900 University Blvd. Tyler 10 a.m.-2 p.m.
- New Life Community Church 1201 NNW Loop 323 – Drive thru. 11 a.m.-1 p.m., 4-6 p.m.
- Mineola Memorial Library 301 North Pacific Mineola 10 a.m.-12 p.m.
Each location will be practicing social distancing, mask wearing and will have hand sanitizers available.
The deadline to register to vote in Texas is October 5. Early voting in the state begins October 13 and ends October 30. The deadline to apply to vote by mail is October 23, and your ballot must be returned by November 3.
For more information about the League of Women Voters please visit lwvtyler.org.