CUMBERLAND, Texas (KETK) – The Lindale Eagles claimed their first outright district title since 2012 after beating Cumberland Academy Friday.
The Eagles finished 20-5 overall and 11-1 in League Action.
“This senior class is among the most accomplished Lindale athletes to have ever competed at LHS this is just another check in a long list of accomplishments for these young men and again, we’re just so proud of who they are as athletes and even prouder who they are as young men and student athletes, ” Lindale’s head coach Chris Grotemat said.
Colton Taylor led the Eagles with 22 points.
The Eagles will play Gilmer in the Class 4A Bi-District round next Thursday at 6:00 p.m. at Winnsboro High School.
WATCH THE VIDEO ABOVE FOR GAME HIGHLIGHTS
- Oil Palace in Tyler hosts 2021 edition of the Rose City Classic gymnastics invitational
- Tierney Minor: CHRISTUS Health Orthopedics and Sports Medicine Athlete of the Week
- Who could be in Texas’ vaccine Phase 1C, and how will it compare to other states?
- First Spring severe threat possible this weekend
- Mount Vernon church celebrates 100 years; structure in need of repairs