TYLER, Texas (KETK)- A Patrick Mahomes trading card broke a record after it was purchased.
The 2017 National Treasures NFL Patrick Mahomes Rookie Auto card was sold for $4.3 million.
PWCC marketplace made the announcement on social media on Wednesday.
“This is the highest price ever paid for a football card!” The trading card marketplace said.
East Texas native Mahomes was shocked when he found out about the purchase.
“My goodness,” wrote the Kansas City Chiefs football star.
The item was purchased by LJ’s Card Shop, which is based in Ohio.
The business shared their excitement on Wednesday.
“The 2017 National Treasures NFL Shield Patrick Mahomes Rookie is truly a piece of art and we are honored to add this card to our collection,” said LJ’s Card Shop.
- Historic Harmony season comes to an end in state semifinal round
- Carthage is headed to state, Bulldogs beat Glen Rose 42-35
- TJC Apache Belles and Apache Band share stage for inaugural Christmas show
- Deputies: Kidnapped man saved in traffic stop after being held for ransom
- Sports journalist Grant Wahl dies in Qatar, U.S. Soccer confirms