KANSAS CITY, Mo. — Kansas City Chiefs quarterback Patrick Mahomes and his fiancée Brittany Matthews are getting closer to saying “I do.”
Matthews announced this week on social media that a date and place for the couple’s wedding has been set for 2022 but did not say exactly when or where.
Mahomes and Matthews got engaged at Arrowhead Stadium in September, the same day that the Chiefs QB got his Super Bowl LIV ring.
Last month the couple welcomed baby Sterling into the Chiefs Kingdom.
The Chiefs announced this past week they expect Mahomes to be ready for offseason workouts following surgery on his toe.
Mahomes had surgery on Feb. 10, shortly after the Chiefs were defeated by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in the Super Bowl, to repair a turf toe injury that had hobbled him throughout the playoffs.
The recovery time is about three months, which means Mahomes could be ready for summer minicamp.
- Ten 2024 contenders facing big stakes in midterms
- McDonald’s officially brings back Halloween Happy Meal pails: Here’s how you can get one
- Putin, OPEC, Big Oil: Biden’s against whoever’s responsible for gas prices
- ‘I will kill you’: Former victim recalls being held by California kidnapping suspect
- Christian Walker to his father: ‘Wear a condom’