TYLER, Texas (KETK) – The National Weather Service issued tornado warnings for Houston, Polk, and Trinity counties on Tuesday afternoon. At 2:20 PM Tuesday, a tornado was confirmed by local law enforcement in Houston county.
The tornadic storm touched down near Weldon in far southern Houston county, 10 miles north of Lovelady. It is unknown if any injuries were reported from the storm. On Wednesday, more information from the National Weather Service office in League City will be provided if a storm survey will be conducted.
Trinity County Sheriff Woody Wallace is giving updates on his Facebook page. Wallace said that there are reports of a transformer in Trinity being on fire. As the fire department works to put it out, he said expect some outages in the area.
- 25 best used cars under $15,000
- Do plexiglass COVID barriers really work, and what will become of them?
- Nacogdoches Blueberry Festival offers sweet surprises for everyone
- CAMP V honors women veterans at event in Tyler
- Four-decade-old murder case in Louisiana closes after arrest of victim’s now elderly husband